Drawing on years of conservation and angling experience, Steve Born and Jeff Mayers tell you about great fishing opportunities unique to Wisconsin—1,000 miles of spring creeks, the amazing nocturnal Hex hatch, and big salmonids in the Great Lakes tributaries. They profile twenty of Wisconsin’s finest streams—from the bucolic Green River in the southwest to the historic and wild Bois Brule in the north.
This new edition includes updates throughout, new photos, and a new chapter detailing improvements in fishing opportunities since the mid-1990s but warning of the looming threats to coldwater fisheries.
• Profiles of the state’s twenty finest trout streams and maps to find them
• “Don’t miss” fishing opportunities
• Sound advice for anglers—from beginner to expert
• Tactics you can use to catch more trout
• Conservation projects that have helped trout survive
• A history of Wisconsin’s trout-fishing and conservation heritage
• A guide to trout foods
• Suggestions of helpful organizations, tourism and conservation offices, books, magazines, videos, and websites