ABOUT THIS BOOK
Designed to help adult professional and higher education learners deepen their understanding of the Uzbek language, culture, and its people, Uzbek: An Intermediate Textbook uses a wide selection of materials and task-oriented activities drawn from realistic situations and contexts to develop the four language skills (listening, reading, speaking, and writing). With special attention to grammatical accuracy, a variety of texts, audio clips, videos, and activities it encourages learners to explore Uzbek culture and to compare and contrast it with their own. Uzbek: An Intermediate Textbook prepares learners to perform at level 1+ or 2 on the ILR scale and at the Intermediate High or Advanced Low level on the ACTFL scale.
Features of Uzbek: An Intermediate Textbook
• Topics covered include work, study, personal interests, and travel.
• An accompanying CD-ROM provides audio and video files that complement activities in the book.
• The book uses the Cyrillic alphabet—the alphabet used in current government reports and the mass media as well as in archival material from the Soviet era.
• A useful appendix compares the Cyrillic alphabet with the Latin alphabet.
• Uzbek-English and English-Uzbek glossaries facilitate vocabulary acquisition.