ABOUT THIS BOOK
This Code of Practice sets out the requirements for the design, specification, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) systems installed in the UK. It is aimed at ensuring safe, effective and competently installed solar PV systems.
This Code of Practice will provide the information required to ensure that a solar PV system is designed, installed and operated to comply with relevant UK / international standards and good practice recommendations. Coverage includes:
- All parts of a grid-connected solar PV system up to and including the connection to the AC mains.
- LV and HV connections and components.
- All scales of application, from small domestic systems to large scale PV farms.
- Building-mounted, building-integrated and ground-mounted systems.
- Grid-connected systems with battery storage.
Note: Off-grid solar PV and concentrating solar PV systems are not specifically covered by this document, however some elements of this document may apply.
The Code is primarily intended for use by solar PV system designers and installers, developers and operators responsible for the safe and effective design, installation and operation of solar PV systems. It will also be invaluable to architects, construction firms, facility and estate managers, and for anyone investing in or overseeing solar PV systems deployment.