Catholic University of America Press, 2018 eISBN: 978-0-8132-3075-7 | Paper: 978-0-8132-3074-0
ABOUT THIS BOOK | TOC
ABOUT THIS BOOK Brings together a lifetime of work on the problems presented by the notion of a Christian philosophy, debates whether a Christian philosophy is possible, and outlines the steps for its development.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part One: The Nature of Christian Philosophy
1. The Christian Philosophy of Aeterni Patris
2. Is Nature Something Complete?
3. The Notion of Catholic Philosophy?
4. The Distinguishing Feature in Catholic Philosophy
5. The Objectives of the American Catholic Philosophical Association
6. Christian Conscience vs Aristotelian Right Reason
Part Two: Some Themes in Christian Philosophy
7. God in Philosophy Today
8. This Truth Sublime
9. "Darkness of Ignorance" in the Most Refined Notion of God
10. "Cause of Necessity" in Aquina's Terita Via
11. The Special Characteristic of the Scotistic Proof that God Exists
12. Soul as Agent in Aquinas
13. Aquinas on the Inseparability of Soul from Existence