ABOUT THIS BOOK
Uyghur: An Intermediate Textbook offers students, professionals, and travelers alike the preeminent tool for expanding their knowledge of the Uyghur language and culture. Combining innovative language learning methodology with authentic audio and video materials, this textbook develops the four primary language skills—speaking, listening, reading, and writing—by integrating them into a clear, balanced whole.
Uyghur: An Intermediate Textbook prepares learners to perform at level 1+/2 or 2+ on the ILR scale and at the Intermediate High to Advanced Mid/High levels on the ACTFL scale.
* A multimedia CD that contains videos filmed on location as well as both authentic and scripted audio segments, all highlighting key elements of Uyghur culture
* Authentic original and modified reading passages ranging from short stories to news articles to menus
* Abundant cultural notes to reinforce reading, grammar, and vocabulary skills
* Easy-to-understand examples and exercises on points of Uyghur grammar
* Chapter themes that facilitate immersion in daily Uyghur life and culture
Designed for both classroom and on-the-ground learners, and developed in accordance with the latest ideas in performance-based principles and methodology, Uyghur: An Intermediate Textbook guides readers on a journey to the heart of a fascinating culture.